Filippo Berio have released a fantastic new 100% Italian Extra Olive Oil. This Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a pure blend using olives from Italy only, making it:
- Full flavoured
- Deep aroma of green olives and artichokes
- Lively with fruit taste of olives
- Hints of herbs, artichokes, ripe tomato and leafy notes
- Leaving you with a spicy and slightly bitter finish
100% Italian is perfect to create tasty dressings, sauces and marinades, drizzle over pasta, meat and vegetables, for dipping with bread and seasoning & flavouring.
This is a strong Extra Virgin Olive Oil that packs a punch. I urge you to try it. www.filippoberio.co.uk
How to taste ‘Extra Virgin Olive Oil’
- Pour a little olive oil into a glass.
- Warm and cup the glass with your hands. This will aid in releasing the aromas.
- Bring the glass to your nose and inhale the aroma (fragrance) two or three times.
- Take a small sip of oil, allow it to slide onto your tongue, now with your mouth slightly open suck in some air.
I was taught how to taste olive oil by the ‘Filippo Berio ‘Master Taster’ Daniele who is based in Lucca Italy. This gave me a great foundation, along with an in-depth knowledge and understanding and I think more than anything a real love for good quality olive oil.