Cauliflower fritters – From the lockdown larder
Lockdown was certainly eased by the work of many family led companies that off the back of trying to help families and also while trying to keep their own businesses afloat during these strange and very uncertain times, launched a range of vegetable and fruit boxes delivered to homes (www.abfruitsathome.co.uk) . There are many reputable companies thankfully that have truly helped many families, the elderly, and communities by providing a range of delicious, nutritional goodies to enjoy. What I love is the fact you can pick and choose what you receive, so fear not! That said I love the opportunity to possibly receive something a little different that I would not normally buy. I have chosen to make some scrumptious cauliflower fritters below. These freeze incredibly well too.
1 head of cauliflower
200g 00 flour
2 large eggs
Salt & pepper, to season
Small bunch basil, finely sliced
Small bunch parsley, finely sliced (including stalks)
1 small chilli, seeds removed, finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
Olive oil , qb
1. Separate the cauliflower florets and boil in salted water until fork tender.
2. Into a bowl add the flour, crack in the 2 eggs and add the water.
3. Stir to fully incorporate and season generously with salt and pepper.
4. Add the chopped herbs, finely chopped chilli, and crushed garlic.
5. The batter should be relatively loose, like a double cream.
6. Break up the florets and add them to the batter.
7. Stir and check for additional seasoning.
8. Heat a frying pan with a little olive oil and fry the batter in large tablespoon amounts, 3 minutes on each side until golden. Rest the cooked fritters on kitchen roll to drain.
9. Repeat with the remaining batter and enjoy.
Order via www.abfruitsathome.co.uk