Italian Cookery with Carmela in association with Northampton Show Museum
10.30am–1pm Online via Zoom!
Sunday 13th June Filippo Berio sponsored event – Balsamic
A 3 course Italian menu
- How to make two bruschetta toppings and serve them on toasted bread drizzled with Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil:
- Fava bean, pea, lemon and pecorino topping and an artichoke and taleggio cheese topping.
- Rice filled savoy cabbage rolls, served with a tomato sauce.
- How to make basil infused pannacotta with a berry compote and toasted almonds
Sunday 18th July Filippo Berio sponsored event – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Gnocchi & Gnudi
Carmela will teach you how to make light, fluffy potato gnocchi and also gnudi which are spinach and ricotta balls that are poached and served with a sauce. You will also learn how to make a walnut pesto and a gorgonzola and cream sauce.
Sunday 22nd August Filippo Berio Sponsored event – Pesto
Outdoor eating, ideal for feasting and sharing in the garden
- Learn how to make cauliflower fritters with a side dipping sauce of an aubergine caponata dip.
- Prepare cod dressed in Filippo Berio pesto, wrapped and baked in the oven or on a BBQ.
- Prepare 2 sides: Fennel and orange salad.
- Green bean and roasted tomato salad.
You will be provided with a list of ingredients to buy in advance and cook along with Carmela.
Gluten free students can be accommodated with advance notice – please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you follow a gluten free diet and would like to receive an alternative ingredients list.
To be able to access the workshop you will need to use Zoom from your smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC. The talk will be a private Zoom meeting and joining details will be sent after a ticket has been purchased. You will be able to join the call using video or audio only if you would prefer not to appear on screen.
£10 per class or £25 for a series ticket to all three workshops + Eventbrite booking fee