I adore pasta and could eat it daily if my waist line and dress size would allow it. Gnocchi however is my much in line second love, a warming bowl of mouth size pillows served with a freshly made gorgonzola sauce, not sure dinner times can get much better than this. Best served in a (large) bowl with a small basket of bread. My kind of daily family cooking and eating summed up in one dish. Enjoy.
Serves 2 greedy people or 4 standard portions.
500g fresh gnocchi
1 small white onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
50 ml double cream
5 sage leaves, finely chopped
30g parmesan, grated
1. Cook the gnocchi as per packet instructions.
2. Into a sauté pan add the butter with the garlic and chopped onion. Gently soften the onion for 5 minutes.
3. Add the cream to the pan and season with a pinch of pepper.
4. Crumble in the gorgonzola and melt over a low heat, being careful to not burn the sauce.
5. Add the chopped sage and parmesan, stir well.
6. Drain the gnocchi and add tumble them into the pan, stir and serve into warm bowls.